Monday, February 27, 2012

Tomorrow, Off to....

One of the main spas in Budapest
Source
...Budapest, Hungary!!!

   One day last summer, I was reading brief European country profiles. I came to Hungary and lazily read through the bullet points. The only times I had ever thought about Hungary was when I was 10 and making stupid jokes. But as I skimmed the points, I suddenly saw something that made me sit up straight. "Head underground. The Mátyás Caves can be found right under Budapest, formed by thermal waters gushing through thousands of years ago." And according to the guidebook, they aren't just the lighted caves with graveled pathways and staircases; they're actual caves. With a "Sandwich of Death" and helmets required! Actual caving? In Europe? Count me IN!!!
   Budapest is also known as the city of spas. And since we're finally going to a country that doesn't use the Euro (well, we did go to England, but the pound is even worse!), everything is cheaper! I'm not sure if we'll go to that beautiful spa above (and I'm quite sure it won't be so warm and sunny!) but hopefully we'll be able to find a nice place to relax after squeezing through some underground passageways!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had lots of fun caving,
    can't wait to see your pix and hear your stories!!!
    Lots of love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Followers